Persons without an @ncsu.edu email address can create an external guest account using another email address. This account can be used to log into REPORTER to register for courses.
If you are external to NC State or are using a personal email for the REPORTER application, follow the steps below to change your password. If you are an NC State user with a Unity ID, visit here to see how to change your password.
To update your Guest Account password, choose the correct option below and follow the proceeding steps:
Changing your Guest Account Password While Logged into REPORTER
1. Select ‘My Account’ from the top right toolbar and then ‘My Profile’
2. Select the Account Management tab
3. Select the Update Password Button
Changing or resetting your Guest Account password while not logged in
1. Select the ‘Forgot Password’ link from the REPORTER login window (or click here to initiate the password reset process immediately)
2. The Guest Account site will open in a new browser tab. Enter your email address and select Submit.
3. Once you submit your email address, you will receive a confirmation message instructing you to check your email account for instructions on resetting your password.
4. If the email address that you entered does not match an account in the Guest Account system, you will receive the following message:
5. You will receive an email with a link to click to reset your password
6. Once you have set a new password, you can return to REPORTER to log in.