- What is REPORTER?
- How can I edit my personal and contact information?
- Where do I find information about my account, including registrations, my training summary, and email history?
- How do I find my Completion Certificate(s)?
- How do I know if I have credit for completing an online training?
Log into REPORTER
- How do I sign up for REPORTER?
- How do I create an account for someone else?
- How do I sign into REPORTER as an NC State User?
- When I try to login with my Unity ID and Password I get a message saying my password is wrong, now what?
- How do I recover my login ID or password?
- I am a new NC State employee and I need to register for a course, but I am getting an error message when I try to login. What do I do?
- An account was created on my behalf and my password is not working, how do I log in?
- When I log in, I get a message that says “An Error has occurred please contact your system administrator” and a loading image, but nothing ever happens. What now?
Register for activities
- How do I register for something?
- I have a registration link, how do I register?
- Who do I contact if I have specific questions about a course?
- I am trying to pay by credit card but am getting an error that says 'cookies not found', what now?
- The course I want to take has no instances available, how can I register for it?
- What should I do if I register for the wrong thing or need to transfer sessions?
- How do I cancel my registration?
- I am registered for an online course, how do I access it?
- I received an email saying a course was added to my Required Training, what do I do now?
What is REPORTER?
REPORTER is a registration system that supports multiple units of NC State University. Participants can use REPORTER to look at and register for non-degree courses or events at NC State and maintain a history of the courses they have taken.
REPORTER provides NC State University an enterprise solution for tracking, managing, reporting, and measuring external outreach, required training and non-degree credit activities, as well as their impact across the university and beyond, supporting both internal and external compliance requirements.
How do I sign up for REPORTER?
If you are an NC State employee or student*, your account is already set up in REPORTER and you can sign in using your Unity ID and password. *If you encounter the error ‘no account found’ using your Unity ID, please email REPORTER support at email@example.com.
If you are not an NC State user (or do not have a Unity ID) you can create an account following these instructions:
- From the REPORTER landing page (go.ncsu.edu/reporter), find the Login section. Select the No Account? Sign up here link
- You will first enter your email, name, and create a password for yourself
- Then you will select Create Account which will bring you to a page confirming your account creation and linking you back to the login page.
How do I sign in to REPORTER as an NC State User?
- From the REPORTER landing page (go.ncsu.edu/reporter) locate the login area.
- Select the red UNITY ID LOGIN button.
- You will be taken to Shibboleth where you will enter your Unity ID and Password. If you have recently logged in through Shibboleth this may process automatically.
- You will then be brought to your REPORTER dashboard.
How do I recover my login ID or password?
For non-NCSU persons: From the REPORTER landing page (go.ncsu.edu/reporter) select the Forgot Password link. Enter your email into the form on the next page and you will be sent an email with a link to reset your password. Your username will always be the email you used to create your account. (More details)
NCSU persons with a Unity ID: Your login is done through Shibboleth using your NC State Unity credentials (the same user ID and password used for systems like MyPack Portal and Moodle). If you have lost or forgotten your Unity login, please refer to the NCSU Office of Information Technology website for assistance.
I am a new NC State employee and I need to register for a course, but I am getting an error message when I try to login. What do I do?
Employees are added to REPORTER through the HR system based on hiring; because of this you may need to wait a day before you appear active in the system. If you are still not able to log in after 24 hours, please email REPORTER support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When I try to login with my Unity ID and Password I get a message saying my password is wrong, now what?
Make sure you are using the correct area to login. If you are on the REPORTER homepage, you should see two login options, “Unity Login” and “Non-Unity Login”. To log in with your Unity ID, select the red Unity ID Login button on the left side on the login window. This should take you to the Shibboleth login page where you can input your Unity ID and password and finish logging in. (More Login Help)
How do I register for courses?
You can browse the course catalog found by clicking the Course Catalog link on the left side of the screen. Here you can search for courses, see their details, and select the ones you wish to register for. Once you have logged in, you can add courses to your cart and complete a simple checkout process to register. Depending on the course’s restrictions you may need to submit extra documentation or meet certain requirements to take the course; these will be noted both in the catalog entry and upon checkout.
Who do I contact if I have specific questions about a course?
You should contact the course administrator for that course. The administrator contact can be found multiple ways:
I’m not registered – find contact in the course catalog: The course must have an instance in order to contact someone about it. When viewing your search results (or a direct link to the course), select the name of the specific session to view its details. At the bottom of the window you will find the course contact information. This will include a name and a phone number and/or email address.
I am registered – Contact from your dashboard: If you are already registered for a course and would like to contact the course administrator, go to the My Courses tab of your dashboard. Select the View Details button next to the appropriate course. A window will open, at the bottom of which is a button entitled Contact the Course Administrator. When you click this button a window will open allowing you to email the administrator directly through the REPORTER system.
The course I want to take has no instances available, how can I register for it?
If a course is showing no instances or has no instances you can attend, you can add yourself to the watchlist for the course. You will receive an email when new instances are available for the course along with a link to the course’s catalog listing where you can register. Until new sessions are posted, you will not be able to register.
Add yourself to the watchlist of a course by selecting the blue Add to Watchlist link found in the upper left of the course listing (see below).
What should I do if I register for the wrong thing or need to transfer instances?
In most cases, you can request to transfer into a different instance. This is done in the My Courses tab of your dashboard. Navigate to your dashboard and select the View Details button next to the instance which you want to transfer from. A window showing the instance details will open and at the bottom is the button Transfer Request, select this then select the follow the prompts. If you cannot transfer, you can also drop the instance. This is done in the same instance details window, except you will select Cancel Registration.
How do I cancel my registration?
- Go to your My Courses tab by clicking the Home Tab in the side menu bar
- Select View Details next to the course you would like to drop
- Select Cancel Registration at the bottom of the popup
- Enter your Drop Reason in the box shown and select the Cancel Registration button
- Select Yes on the confirmation.
- You should receive a ‘Transaction Complete’ confirmation.
The window that opens, referenced step 4, contains a section that will specify whether you need approval to drop the course (highlighted below). If there is a “Yes” next to “Drops do NOT require approval from a Course Administrator” you will be immediately dropped from the course, if there is a “No” your drop will be submitted as a request for an admin can approve or deny. You can view your pending drop requests on your My Courses dashboard under Pending Items.
I am registered for an online course, how do I access it?
After registering for your Course in REPORTER you will receive an email confirmation. Unless indicated otherwise in the confirmation, a link to the course content should be available in your instance details. You can access this link following the instructions below;
- Log in at go.ncsu.edu/reporter.
- Locate the course within the Upcoming Courses section.
- Select the View Details button, a window should open.
- At the top of this window, you should see a Access Online Content button. Click this and your Moodle Course should open in a new tab.
If you have questions about the online course content you will need to contact the Course Administrator. For questions regarding accessing the link to online content you can contact email@example.com.
I received an email saying a course was added to my Required Training, what do I do now?
If you receive this email that means a supervisor or other administrator is requiring that you take that course as a part of your job duties or other regulatory compliance requirements. Once you are assigned training you may also be registered for a session of the course; if you are not registered, you will want to login to REPORTER to register for the course.
You can view courses you have been required to take and the details of that requirement via the steps below:
- Log in at go.ncsu.edu/reporter.
- Find your Pending Items section and select the blue View Assigned Requirements button.
- A window will open showing everything you have been assigned to. Here you can see the name of the course(s), when you are due to complete it by, who assigned the course, and if/when you last completed it.
You will be able to register for this course in a number of ways including from the Course Catalog, from the Attention Required section at the top of the page, and/or via a direct link sent by email. If you have questions about registration you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I edit my personal and contact information?
When logged into the REPORTER application, find your Name link at the top right of the screen. Select this link and a dropdown will expand; from this dropdown select My Profile. From here you will be able to edit and add personal and contact information.
Where do I find information about my account, including registrations, my training summary, and email history?
- Log into the REPORTER application at go.ncsu.edu/reporter
- Find your Name on the top right corner
- Select this link and a drop down will expand; from this drop down select My Profile
- You will then see multiple tabs corresponding to records on your account. To access your training summary, select the Training Summary tab. For additional account information, select the Activity Log tab.
In the Activity Log tab, locate your Contact History, then click ‘Show my Email History’; here you have a record of all emails sent from the system, including completion certificates. You can search on the subject name ‘Certificate’ to find these more easily.
NOTE: REPORTER may not contain a complete record of your training completed at NC State. It only contains records for courses that you register for through REPORTER or that have been historically entered into the system by a course admin for compliance purposes. We recommend contacting whomever manages/managed the training you are interested in obtain records for to ask about getting that information.
I am trying to pay by credit card but am getting an error that says ‘cookies not found’, what now?
You will need to enable cookies on your browser. Please select the appropriate link below for instructions to enable. If your browser is not listed, just use a search engine to look up how to enable cookies on the browser you are using.
When I log in, I get a message that says “An Error has occurred please contact your system administrator” and a loading image, but nothing ever happens. What now?
From time to time, updates in REPORTER may require you to clear your browser cache in order to prevent errors. If you are trying to access the REPORTER system and run into an error that says “An Error has occurred please contact your system administrator”, it is recommended that you try to clear your cache to resolve the error. Please review the information here to help you with this process.
I completed a course but cannot locate my Completion Certificate. How do I find my completion certificate(s) in REPORTER?
- Log into the REPORTER application at go.ncsu.edu/reporter
- Find your name in the top right corner, click your name and a drop down will expand
- From the drop down select My Profile
- You will then see multiple tabs corresponding to records on your account — select the Activity Log tab
- From there, select the Email History tab, then click the button labeled Show my Email History
- Search in the body field using the word ‘Certificate’
- Click on a result, then select View Details
- The email will open, and at the bottom you can see the attached files and download them directly from REPORTER.
How do I know if I have credit for completing an online training?
If you are registered for a REPORTER instance that connects you to online content in Moodle, you can do the following to confirm you have completed the training:
- Log into REPORTER at go.ncsu.edu/reporter
- Locate the ‘Upcoming Courses’ section on your dashboard
- Locate the name of the training, then click the blue Access Online Content button. If you do not see it, scroll down to the Completed Activities section. If you find the course in the completed activities section, you have received credit for completion.
- When Moodle opens, review the page to see the required activities. To the far right of each activity, a checkbox will indicate if Moodle has given you credit for completing the activity.
- All of the checkboxes must be checked to receive completion credit. If any activities are not marked, you can complete them now.
- If all of the checkboxes are marked, you should see the course on your training summary within 2 hours.
Your Progress checkbox
A tick next to an activity name may be used to indicate when the activity is complete. If a box with a dotted border is shown, a tick will appear automatically when you have completed the activity according to the conditions set by the course administrators.